Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Introductions

Well, here goes. I've been thinking about doing this for some time but keep putting it off. This seems like a good night to get started. It's June 1st and it's cold out and the temperature in the house is 58 degrees. Which isn't warm enough. But my 100 year old house is heated by wood, and it's too late to go out to the woodshed and cut kindling and get the woodstove going. So I'm in bed with the electric blanket warming the sheets and my two dogs sprawled out and taking up most of the queen size bed.

So, to introductions: I'm a 60 year old woman, divorced five years now from a man who left me for another woman after 35 years of what I thought was a happy marriage. Guess I was the last to know that it wasn't so happy after all. It was excrutiatingly hard to find myself alone at age 55. In fact, I still don't know how I've made it through the past four years. It's been a roller coaster ride, period. More about that later.

Actually, I do know how I've made it through the rough times -- Molly and Sammie, my "pack". Both were rescue dogs, but they in fact rescued me. Which is often how it works out. Molly is a bossy, know-it-all five year old Border Collie, and Sammie is a four year old Pit Bull mix with the sweetest heart you'll ever come across. Together we are a pack of three. I don't know what I'd do without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment