Thursday, June 9, 2011

Titanic

One of the greatest joys in my life is my granddaughters, ages 8, 10 and 14. The middle one, Shyla, is currently obsessed with all things Titanic. (Oh, and Leonardo DiCaprio.) She owns two non-fiction books with accounts of the building and sinking of the Titanic and loves to grill her family about every known fact about the ship. When I came home from work tonight, there was a note from her instructing me to look up Simon Crane, Ewan Stewart and Victor Garber on the internet and to write a report about them, then to mail the report to her so she can check my work. I'm assuming that these three guys were passengers or deck hands or something to do with the Titanic. I don't know yet because I haven't had time to look them up. But I'm going to. Tonight. Because she has already called me to see if I have the answers yet. I'm pretty sure that 30 years from now she will be one of the world's foremost authorities about the sinking of the Titanic.

No comments:

Post a Comment